FOLK_MUSIC digest V1 #2405

FOLK_MUSIC digest (owner-folk_music@nysernet.org)
Sat, 30 May 1998 06:00:05 -0400 (EDT)

FOLK_MUSIC digest Saturday, May 30 1998 Volume 01 : Number 2405

In this issue:
Re: Acoustic Guitar
House Concert Directory
HOUSE CONCERT: Dana Cooper at Fox Run - Sudbury, MA
HOUSE CONCERT: Maria Sangiolo, Grassy Hill, Lyme CT 5/31/98

Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 08:15:56 -0400
From: dbroida@juno.com
Subject: Re: Acoustic Guitar

I didn't really need another magazine subscription, but the price was
too good to pass up, especially compared to the newsstand cost, so I get
Acoustic Guitar in the mailbox once a month.

And what a pleasant surprise! I find great articles about performers
whose music I love. The June issue has a great piece summing up the 25
years that Robin and Linda Williams have been playing together, focusing
on their new album, "Devil of A Dream" (their version of the Everly
Brothers "I Wonder If I Care As Much" is sweet, sweet and sweeter).
There are also short reviews of The Nudes, Jonathan Pointer, & Steve
Earle's latest albums.

And I learned here first that Ani DiFranco is producing a Woody Guthrie
tribute album with The Boss, the Indigos, Pete, Arlo, Billy Bragg and
others.

So, Acoustic Guitar - it's not just about boys and their toys.

[ Stuntie sez: Acoustic Guitar's website - including current and past
issues with selected articles available online for free, as well as
info on subscribing - at http://www.acguitar.com/ .

Also - I hear that some folks thought this was Kara, it's not, it's
that other guy. Any flubs are my doing and not hers. Any private comments
or feedback to the f_m address or to stunt@ifolk.org . TMN ]