Re: Good Music on the Radio

Mark Humphreys (markh@trough.com)
Wed, 27 May 1998 14:05:52 -0400

Rachelmail wrote:

> Ahhhh my home town of Boston does have great radio... my other two faves
> are WXPN in Philly (more rock-oriented, but a lot of stuff I like!) and
> WMNF in Tampa.

I second Rachel's choices. I also recommend WYEP in Pittsburgh; roughly
modeled after WXPN, so it's got a rock mix in with the folk, but a great
forum for singer/songwriters.

And, oh my goodness is everyone right about Boston! I'm writing this from
Boston right now, where I've been for the past few days...playing a show in
Milton tonight and then on to the Midwest....hard to leave with all this great
radio! For someone whose home is in the Great Radio Wasteland of L.A., where
there's only one great folk show ("FolkScene"), and only for three hours
every Sunday, this is like living in the Garden of Eden....

Cheers to all---

Mark Humphreys