Re: FOLK_MUSIC digest V1 #2401

Rachelmail (Rachelmail@aol.com)
Wed, 27 May 1998 11:21:07 EDT

>Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:26:19 -0400
>From: rrothstein@cfa.harvard.edu (Ruth S. Rothstein)
>Subject: folk radio stations
>
>Stan Curts wrote:
>
>>Folk Radio?! You guys have a radio station that plays nothing but Folk??
>>[....] All ye who have decent >radio stations, I hope you appreciate
>>them!

>Stan is right. And I, here in Boston, DO appreciate our great radio
>stations. I have often wondered what other cities have good folk radio
>because I honestly think that that *could* be a determining factor should I
>ever chose to move. ;-) Where else is there good radio?
>
>Ruth

Ahhhh my home town of Boston does have great radio... my other two faves are
WXPN in Philly (more rock-oriented, but a lot of stuff I like!) and WMNF in
Tampa. Both are community-based NPR affiliates with VERY strong listener
support. Both of these stations are also instrumental in PRODUCING concerts
all the time in their area, which is why their listener base is so loyal -
they're audience members at concerts too!

Off to Atlanta, then Kerrville myself... won't be able to check my e-mail for
a few weeks... love to all my cyber-pals.
Rachel Bissex