Re: KERRVILLE ANNOUNCES NEW FOLK FINALISTS - and Other Festival News

Seth Rogovoy (rogovoy@berkshire.net)
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 14:53:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Kerrville Festivals Inc. wrote:

> NEW FOLK FINALISTS ANNOUNCED
>
> The Kerrville Folk Festival and the Kerrville Music Foundation are proud to
> announce the selection of 32 finalists to compete in the Kerrville New Folk
> songwriting competition. Finalists will perform on Saturday, May 23 and on
> Sunday, May 24.
>
> See <http://www.kerrville-music.com/newfolk_finalists98.html> for details.

for those of us whose browsers don't allow us to access this page, perhaps
someone would be kind enough to post the names of the finalists to this
list?

[Alan sez: Whups! I guess that there are still a lot of old browsers out
there. Here's the list:

the 1998 New Folk Finalists
as they are scheduled to appear at the Kerrville Folk Festival

Saturday, May 23, 12 noon to 3 pm (in order of appearance):

MIKE BRANDON - Joplin, Mo.
WILLIAM DUDLEY - Walsenburg, Co.
CYNTHIA WARD - Oviedo, Fl.
DAN GEDIMAN - Louisville, Ky.
CHERYL HOENEMEYER - Merrimac, Ky.
FRED TOWNE - Corvallis, Or.
WENDY LIEPMAN - San Luis Obisbo, Ca.
GREG BEATTIE - Alameda, Ca.
SHARON SPIVEY - Davenport, Fl.
JANE HENSHAW - Nashville, Tn.
KEVIN BRIODY - Ridgefield, Ct.
DAR FRANTZ - Schwenksville, Pa.
THE WIGGINS SISTERS - Westport, Ct.
DAVE CARTER - Portland, Or.
SCOTT EVERSOLL - Glendale, Az.
SUSAN CLARK - Albuquerque, N.M.

Sunday, May 25, 12 noon - 3 pm (in order of appearance):

DENNIS WARNER - Clearwater, Mn.
LESLIE GAIL BROOKS - Dallas, Tx.
NICK PLAKIAS - Wendell, Ma.
NINA ADEL & DANNY WELLS- Nashville, Tn
STACIA CLARE - Rochester Hills, Mi.
THOM RAYNE - Owego, N.Y.
SANFORD&LENA MARKLEY- Silver Springs,Md
JOEL CAGE - Brighton, Ma.
JACQUIE MANNING - Cary, Il.
STEVEN J.FISHER- Westlake Village,Ca
CLAUDIA NYGAARD - Nashville, Tn.
JOE SCUTELLA - Nashville, Tn.
STEVE KEATING - Redwood, Ca.
CINDY GREENE - Franklin, Ca.
JOHN M.GREENBURG - Oklahoma City, Ok
MARY COPPIN - Riverside, Ca.

Six Award Winners will be selected by Judges Steve Fromholz and Betty
Elders of Austin, Tx. and 1997 New Folk Award Winner Keith Greeninger of
Aptos, Ca. to appear at the AWARD WINNERS CONCERT at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May
31, where they may pick up their $250 expense (Award) money for appearing.
$150 of this award comes from the ASCAP and Townsend Miller Endowment Fund,
and an additional $100 from the Mary Jane Tellez Memorial Fund donated by
Joel Leonard of Alexandria, Va.

In addition, we have selected ten regional performers to appear at the
BALLAD TREE.

THURSDAY, MAY 2 (hosted by Kevin So)

Joann Guest & Jame Teat (Stephenville)
Wendy Lee (Desoto)
Kim Miller (Austin)
Danny Santos(Austin)
Sissy Siero (Austin)

FRIDAY, MAY 22 (hosted by Susan Shore)

Christie Cook (Pollok)
Elton Witt (Houston)
Marcie Morris (Wimberley)
David Brashier (Lancaster)
M.J.Clark (Garland).

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all who entered! ]