FOLK_MUSIC digest Wednesday, March 25 1998 Volume 01 :

Folk_Music Listserv (folk_music@nysernet.org)
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:01:58 -0500

FOLK_MUSIC digest Wednesday, March 25 1998 Volume 01 : Number 2346

In this issue:
Movie schmaltz
Recycle
Re: Re: festivals sold
Chris Smither song on "The Horse Whisperer" soundtrack
FAME Review: Tom Sheehan: Where You Are by Moshe Benarroch
Re: Pete Seeger & Bruce Springteen + Phil Ochs Tribute
Re: Pete Seeger & Bruce Springteen

Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 11:34:31 -0500 (EST)
From: Chris Smith <chris.smith@erols.com>
Subject: Movie schmaltz

All time schmaltziest was "the Five Pennies" with Danny Kaye as Red
Nichols.

My favorite Frank Sinatra film was "From here to Eternity" - He deserved
that Oscar...

The was lots of rehearsing in the old black & white films (there is some
technicolor here but I had a b&w set as a kid so...). "The Glenn Miller
Story", "Stars & Stripes Forever", "Three Little Words", "The Benny
Goodman Story", "Orchestra Wives", "The Fabulous Dorseys", "The Five
Pennies"...

Chris
Outta Sights & Sounds Concert Promotions' Flunky
(peruse our OS&S site- http://members.aol.com/osnsnews)
- --
"Take away all those differences and we're all so much alike." Andrea
Joyce