FOLK_MUSIC digest V1 #2427

FOLK_MUSIC digest (owner-folk_music@nysernet.org)
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 06:00:04 -0400 (EDT)

FOLK_MUSIC digest Saturday, June 20 1998 Volume 01 : Number 2427

In this issue:
Green River Music Festival
re: Martin Carthy/MBE
Concert review: Martin Sexton, Landsdowne St., Boston

Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 22:12:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jim Olsen <jolsen@javanet.com>
Subject: Green River Music Festival

The 12th annual Green River Music Festival is coming up once again. This
year's festival will be held on Saturday, July 18th at Greenfield
Community College in Greenfield, MA (2 hours west of Boston, 3 from
NYC). This years festival includes 2 stages of music. Here's the
line-up:

Koko Taylor & Her Blues Machine
Nathan & The Zydeco Cha-Chas
Don Walser & the Pure Texas Band
Cheri Knight & her band
Gillian Welch & David Rawlings
Brooks Williams
Maria Sangiolo
Bap Kennedy w/ 6 String Drag

Plus fireworks, hot air balloons, free childresn activities and
performers, a craft fair and lot's of good food & drink. It's the best
deal of the summer with tickets just $10 for adults, $5 for kids in
advance....$15 & $7 the day of the show. Call 800 THE TICK for tickets.

- --

Jim Olsen
Signature Sounds Recordings
PO Box 106 Whately, MA 01093