Re: Chris Williams

Mark Spittal (mspittal@isomedia.com)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 13:30:58 -0400 (EDT)

>At 02:55 PM 6/10/98 -0400, NashTunes@aol.com wrote:
>>Ahh, Kerrville! Just got home and have a burning question to anyone who was
>>at the Ballad Tree on the first Sat afternoon. A couple of guys did a song
>>called "Do you want a ride". My partner and I spent the entire rest of our
>>Kerrville time looking for them, in need of a cd. I know one of the guys was
>>Chris Williams (Williamson?). How do I get a cd????

The other guy was Jonathan Kingham...no, I wasn't there, but I know both
Chrtistopher Williams ands Jonathan. There is a live version of the song
you mentioned on the compilation CD, "Live At Madison's", which is 14
Northwest songwriters recorded live at Madison's Cafe & Music House in
Seattle, including yours truly. Their website is at
http://www.isomedia.com/homes/mspittal/madison.html.

>If this is, as I assume, the Christopher Williams whom I heard open for
>Greg Greenway at Passim in February: his solo album is called ONE MAN
>SERVICE STATION. There's also an earlier album--Matthew's Brother
>(singular, though it's by Chris and his brother Rob), REMEMBER THE DAY. I
>bought both at the concert, and recommend both, though (for whatever it's
>worth) I like REMEMBER THE DAY the better.

Actually, One Man Service Station predates Remember The day by about six
months.

>Is Williams related to Ellis Paul, does anybody know? Several people at
>the Passim show were commenting on the resemblance, both in the sound of
>his songs and in physical similarity (mannerisms as well as appearance).
>[Alan sez: I'm pretty sure that Chris and Ellis are more likely related to
>Kevin Bacon than each other...)

That about says it.... 8-)

there will come a time when our eyes will acknowledge
what our hearts have known for so many years
that we are sisters and brothers united in wonder
united in joy, and united in tears

sisters & brothers/words and music İmark spittal 1992

Mark's Page: http://www.isomedia.com/homes/mspittal/wisdomtree.html
Acoustic Northwest: http://www.isomedia.com/homes/mspittal/acoustic.html