Re: Chris Williams

J. Katherine Rossner (ookpik@mindspring.com)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 19:01:58 -0400 (EDT)

At 02:55 PM 6/10/98 -0400, NashTunes@aol.com wrote:
>Ahh, Kerrville! Just got home and have a burning question to anyone who was
>at the Ballad Tree on the first Sat afternoon. A couple of guys did a song
>called "Do you want a ride". My partner and I spent the entire rest of our
>Kerrville time looking for them, in need of a cd. I know one of the guys was
>Chris Williams (Williamson?). How do I get a cd????

Alan already answered this (thanks!), but I wanted to chime in.

If this is, as I assume, the Christopher Williams whom I heard open for
Greg Greenway at Passim in February: his solo album is called ONE MAN
SERVICE STATION. There's also an earlier album--Matthew's Brother
(singular, though it's by Chris and his brother Rob), REMEMBER THE DAY. I
bought both at the concert, and recommend both, though (for whatever it's
worth) I like REMEMBER THE DAY the better.

Is Williams related to Ellis Paul, does anybody know? Several people at
the Passim show were commenting on the resemblance, both in the sound of
his songs and in physical similarity (mannerisms as well as appearance).

Katherine
Ye knowe ek, that in forme of speche is chaunge
Withinne a thousand yere, and wordes tho
That hadden pris, now wonder nyce and straunge
Us thinketh hem, and yit they spake hem so.
- Chaucer, "Troilus and Criseyde"

[Alan sez: I'm pretty sure that Chris and Ellis are more likely related to
Kevin Bacon than each other...)