Re: Minidiscs

David Byboth (davidb@efficient.com)
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 16:33:41 -0400 (EDT)

I recently bought the Yamaha MD-4 4-track MiniDisk recorder... Under $700.00 at
guitar center and they threw in a REV-100 reverb processor and a couple of data
disks..... I have to say ... this thing blows away any 4-track tape machine I
have ever used.... Sound may be marginally (I can't really tell any difference)
lower than minidat but the convience of instantly being able to mark and
retrieve any portion of any song is incredible....automatic punch-in's without
a foot pedal are a snap... and you can bounce all four tracks onto another part
of the disk.... the point here is that there are a lot of features made
possible beause of the disk format that you just can't easily get with a
tape... even a digital one...... there are some negatives with the MD-4... no
XLR inputs... and no digital signal out for example...but for the price I am
extremely happy with it.......db