Re: Sampler question

Jeff Gilson, Lively Lucy's Coffeehouse (jgilson@scott.skidmore.edu)
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 02:29:26 -0400 (EDT)

WHUS's Julie Cyr wrote:

>I'm in the process of recording live concerts at the Vanilla Bean Cafe in
>Pomfret CT which will go on a compilation cd of live music at the afore-
>mentioned place. So I have been following your thread on live comps.

I wonder if Barry got this idea from me. I think I mentioned our CD
project to him at one point. I want to put in a plug for the Vanilla Bean,
though, since it's a great venue and has some of the best chili I've ever
had. Anyway, moving on...

>I have been debating what to do about intros. I was thinking about making
>them their own tracks so that you could skip them if you wanted to.

Well, on our CD (not yet released), we've got a Richard Shindell song with
a long intro that we put on another track. The rest of the intros we have
are usually over the music, and that makes it hard to put them on a
different track. Of course, we're also making it an enhanced CD with liner
notes in html because the physical packaging is going to just be an
envelope-type case and not a jewel box.

'later,
jeff.

I live in Woodstock when I'm not at school

Jeff Gilson, President * Love can't make you strong
Lively Lucy's Coffeehouse * until love can make you weak
Skidmore College *
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 * --Catie Curtis
*
http://www.skidmore.edu/studentorgs/lvlylucy/ *