RE: Sampler question

Edie Gale Hays (edghays@umr.edu)
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 02:29:09 -0400 (EDT)

Julie Cyr wrote:
>I have been debating what to do about intros. I was thinking about making
>them their own tracks so that you could skip them if you wanted to. In the
>Celtic genre Dervish put out a live 2cd set on their own label and did that
>and I thought it worked quite well.

This is common on recordings lately, and at great advantage to DJs who then
have the option of not playing them without having the hassle of cueing
around them.

then Alan added:
> The coming DVD format will allow multiple tracklists for the same CD,
> but that won't help you much now... My CD player allows me to save
>custom setups for my CDs that could autoskip the intro tracks if I
>programmed them once. On the CDs that I have received like this, it's
>easier to program if the tracks I want to skip are all either odd or even
>numbers.

Most DJs don't have this program option. What they want is a CD they can
plop in and hit a button to start without hassles or surprises.

General listeners like all sorts of options, but that all-important radio
airplay is worth catering to in this respect.

Edie Gale Hays
KUMR Rolla, Missouri
edghays@umr.edu